Monday, April 7, 2008

Further thoughts on competition and miscellany...

One thing I noticed on Saturday is that my ring nerves are really easing. Before the first class, I was a wreck, but as I took Soph out for a walk and sat with her, just stroking and massaging her as we waited on deck - all worries just faded. I need to work on my breathing and relaxation exercises, but I'm yards better than I used to be. T-touch seems to work for both the giver and the receiver....

Practice tonight went very well. Soph is really getting the motion of weaving now - she's one-striding through the poles and they're nearly in a straight line now - hoping by summer we'll have her up to 6 parallel poles and we'll be ready for AAC.. played around with pinwheels and tunneling - is there anything more exciting than blasting through tunnels at mach 10? well, besides jumping on judges. and ring crew. and spectators, especially the ones that laugh at her.

Scarlett is making leaps and bounds too - and A's timing and reading is as well! I love the look at that game - both scarlett and cass are really getting the quick glance down pat. Scarlett awas brave enough to try some little jumps - she seems to be a little easier in the gym space too. Hopefully we'll be able to get the gym to ourselves next month and I can bring cass up for some obstacle familiarization....

1 comment:

andrea said...

TTouch is wonderful ... for both parties :)

nerves are tough to beat - good for you for getting it together